The Who

A picture I took back in 2013 of the school being constructed.


Each day, I write for 30 minutes.   I keep the commitment I made to me to build small habits toward becoming a writer.   It is not easy.  I have spent almost a decade tending to the emergencies, the needs, the crises surrounding me in Honduras.   Finding a place, outside of the lure of social media, to actually create something, is difficult.    But, not impossible.

Deep in the keeping of my commitment, an important question has surfaced.

Who am I writing to?

Who reads these letters, pieced together to make words, sewn into paragraphs?

If you are a person who subscribed to this blog years and years ago, you are a part of my Who.   Most of you are women.   Many have an interest in cross-cultural work, even if you have never been out of the US.    Some of you have been subscribed to this blog for 14 years!

When I think of each of you, I imagine you are curious, deep-thinking and not easily satisfied with the chatter existing in the larger sphere.    If we could sit across from the table together, I imagine we would be careful with one another's feelings while courageously approaching the complicated topics.

Perhaps, you love Jesus.  Perhaps, you are searching and asking a million questions, digging to find your answers.   Perhaps, you have been scarred by people who called themselves Christians.   Perhaps, you are looking for a soft place to land for a moment.

I describe myself as I describe you.

I often write to myself, because I imagine you ask the same questions.  If so, we are each other's people.  

Help me define my writing and clarify the Who.   Send me an email to share your 'why' for continuing to read and share my life through the years.  

I appreciate you.  Because you help me be me.

_____________________

Thank you for reading.  I am working on Instagram with shorter 'essays' at @waits.hopes.prays.loves



Comments

Popular Posts