Becoming




Becoming.

There was a START.  A beginning.   Nebulous thoughts came together and became presentable.   I took up my pen after years of the deep within me being sealed, locked and lost.

What closed my heart off?   Voices.  Voices who spoke about ANGLES of poverty, perspectives of exclusion, misunderstanding about 'others.'

My fragility, coupled with the SEASONS of spice, sour and sweet that flavor me, kept my mouth quiet and my eyes misty.

I chose to FOLLOW a few folks who led me back to Jesus people who led me back to Jesus who led me back to me.  

The RECORD of 9 years on the far side of a Honduran jungle began to replay, over and over and over and reminded me how Love can TRANSFORM a patch of ground in an isolated area into sacred space.

As we absorb what Jesus work accomplishes, our FALL often takes us by surprise, often distorts the transformation.   Evil still seeks to kill, steal and destroy.

And yet, the STORY continues.   God still writes.

He alone is without TYPE.  He does not set us as types, nor is He typeable.

With these eyes open, with these new words and this fresh start, I am BECOMING.

________________

Today is the last day of the @hopewriters writing prompt.  The prompt today is BECOMING, but I wanted to include all 10 words to encompass what has emerged as I have written.   Maybe I am truly entering a time when I can write.  Maybe.   #hopewriterlife

Comments

Popular Posts