A Start



It leapt to life like something spring-loaded.

A movement, a quick jump and I found my family of 6 in a sweltering house in a crowded neighborhood on a cobbled street in Honduras.

The year was 2010.  In this enchanting new country, it felt like 1970.   The everyday person knew not air-conditioning.  The preferred mode of movement was with two legs and a bicycle.  Often 2 or 3 people on one bicycle, navigating a sea of faces, motors and noise.

Life in another space, a different place.

A start.

My heart questioned the God I thought I knew.   My soul ached for familiar as my steps faltered forward.

One teeny toe toward tomorrow.

And that is how it began.

_____________________

I have never been a 'real' writer.  Writing has been my balm, my real.  And yet, there is so much unsaid.   So today, I begin my first writing challenge with hope*writers.    The prompt for today is START.

And here I am at the beginning.


#start #hopewriters #wheredoibegin



Comments

Popular Posts