In the gospel You lavish us with your love, liberate us by your grace and launch us into your transforming story of redemption. - Everyday Prayers by Scotty Smith
The last few months have held much:
- Incredibly awesome trip to Disney World with our dear friends.
- Our US trip FLEW by in a whisper... and we are back home in Honduras, settled in.
- I've found that home does not mean a singular place that holds your heart; for me, home reflects many places that I have known as a refuge of comfort and love.
- Aaron started a Kindergarten class with the new missionary living at Mama Tara's, Linda. He is really thriving in this 4-day morning program. It is working for him and we all get excited to welcome him home for lunch and hear about his day.
- Alex and I have taken on a different role in the Reach Out Honduras organization. We are the Executive Directors. Much responsibility has been taken off of our shoulders and given to very capable, willing friends. This is a relief and frees us up to dream big and to love on the Miskito people - two of our favorite things to do.
- We visited many wonderful churches... the longer we are here, the more people God adds to the mission. The future for Reach Out Honduras is much bigger than the 2 of us and this is exciting... long after we are gone, there will be youth and creativity to bring to the task of sharing Christ here. How do we begin to thank Him for this gift?!
- Our oldest, Aidan, will be 13 soon and ready to spread his wings. We are hoping that he can experience a neat camp for third-culture kids at Oklahoma Christian University, called Global Reunion. Right now, he will be in the US for around 4 weeks... he is ready.
- Cumi Joy is almost 11 months. She is squealing, navigating around furniture on her feet, laughing and cutting teeth. It is incredible how her presence in our family has added so many smiles.
- Spiritually speaking, I'm committed this year to reading through the Gospels again and again. I want to know on a more internalized level exactly what Jesus said and how He lived.
- 2013 will be a big year for building and planning for the school. Just putting our anticipated budget on paper has me anxious... fearless TRUST, I'm back to that once more.
True dependence is not simply asking Me (Jesus) to bless what you have decided to do. It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you. I may infuse you with a dream that seems far beyond your reach. You know that in yourself you cannot reach such a goal. Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me. - Jesus Calling