Dinner Friends

Remember the post about dinner guests?   Here are a couple of pics from the second invitation which went to 3 boys who are always outside our house.  We've fed them on and off for months, but this night is the first one that they spent hanging out with us at the table and playing Legos and crafts afterward. 

Ken, Darnell and Josento (I thought he was telling me his name was 'lo siento' which means I'm sorry... so, he has a nickname that makes him and his friends giggle incessantly).

One cool thing about this night... Alex made a shrimp pasta dish with canned asparagus that I had brought from La Ceiba.  They were able to see a man cooking, cleaning up dishes and helping run a family.    This is a unique example and one that I pray sticks with them in some small way.





Comments

Popular Posts