Just a few bullet points:
- June is b-day month for 4 out of 6 members of our family!
- Aidan's 11th b-day was celebrated with 2 parties - family party where I finally perfected sweet & sour chicken and a co-birthday party with Aidan's best friend here. The group party was at the lagoon... beautiful afternoon. Aidan's tree-climbing skills are second-to-none.
- We have a new 'Watch dog' - Lily. She is a delightful addition to the family. Not sure she will ever actually 'watch' anything though.
- Our personal garden is expanding - planted 6 cucumber plants today and a new fence goes up this week. Plenty of seedlings to give away to our garden projects, too!
- The funny sayings from Adam & Aaron never end... my problem, I laugh so hard I cannot remember them
- We've enjoyed lots of fish lately... and our kids have enjoyed trying 'fish eyes' on a dare! It makes me proud that they are more adventurous than their mom.
- Father's Day and our high school reunion this weekend made me a bit nostalgic and missing family and friends. Thankfully, I did not experience the deep homesickness of last Christmas. Progress.
- I have a great dad!
- Collected pine needles for an orphanage's pine basket business last week... felt like I was in the Piney Woods of East Texas.
- Anticipating 3 more family b-days in the next 10 days to finish June off strong!