On My Heart...

November is Adoption Awareness Month :). This Sunday, November 8th is Orphan Sunday; so named as a nationwide effort for churches to defend the cause of the fatherless. Our church, Pin Oaks Christian Fellowship is participating. Yippeeee... Steven Curtis Chapman is a part of a webcast that will air on Sunday afternoon, too. I encourage you to jump on over to the Orphan Sunday website and check out the great resources and beautiful children.

I'd like to tell you about one very special family that our church will be praying for on Sunday ... a family adopting a precious baby boy from Ethiopia. I have much to say about Whitney and Aaron!

Whitney and I shared our hearts every Tuesday last year as she came to our house to corral the little guys while I taught the older two. It was truly God at work. Our time together allowed me to express some things about our foster experience that I had not verbalized well to anyone. It also allowed me the privilege to walk from beginning to almost end of God's call to bring an orphaned child home from the beautiful country of Ethiopia. Our time knit me and Whitney together in this thing called orphan care. I'm better because of it.

I tell you all of this for two reasons. First, if you want to read the words of a beautiful writer, please read her blog Our Hearts Are In Ethiopia. Second, she makes these really special t-shirts and onesies like the one I'm wearing below! There is a little bling over Ethiopia. All proceeds from her creativity go toward their adoption.


Please pass Whitney's information on to any of your friends who love Africa, love babies or love adoption. You just gotta jump over and see those adorable onesies on her sidebar!!

Oh... and just so you know, I'll be wearing my special Africa t-shirt while loving on little ones in Honduras!! I'm just so global :).

One child at a time,

Comments

Popular Posts