Savoring

There are just some things in life to savor; to taste and see, ponder and mull. Our preparation for a life overhaul has proven to be just that to me... something to savor. We are counting the days until our trip to Honduras. Friends are contributing shoes, clothes, sports equipment, etc. for us to cram into duffel bags and share.

In the midst of preparations for this experience, my mind is continually aware of the juxtaposition of poverty to our American blessings. I am overwhelmed by Americans who so desperately want to help provide the basics of life to people they've never seen. I am thankful for a God who allows us to join what He is already doing. I am thankful for just two hands that can help... just two hands.

Tasting, seeing, pondering and truly mulling over the purpose of these earth-bound days.



Comments

Popular Posts