Why I Write...

Writing is the means by which my thoughts make their way out of a dark tunnel and into the light. Writing provokes examination and introspection, leading to solidification. Writing makes sense of the spaghetti living in my brain. Writing allows my mind to let go of the garbage that has made itself at home in my noggin. Writing is primarily for me.

While I love, love, love getting comments and feedback on the things I write here, I do not write for that reason. My writing is not for the approval of men or women :) (see last post), although I do love encouragement or admonishment if I'm off-base.

Writing is often a worshipful experience; highly personal and not always meant to be shared. I write when I'm angry, when I'm praying, when I'm elated, when I'm anxious. Often I read what I write to remember... to remember what God gently persists in teaching.

That is why I write....


Popular Posts