Remembering...

Memories are funny things. Literally, out of nowhere, they come charging in like wild mustangs. Without warning, a rush of the unexpected tramples with a reminder of what used to be.

Last night, the tender memories came riding past and left my husband and I standing dust-covered in their departure. A simple thing... a discussion thread with church friends about a chili cook-off several years ago. Smiling memories of laughter, singing, sunshine, amazing days ... and there she was. Beautiful, warm in my arms, tiny and mine; our first foster placement. The cook-off and her departure were almost 2 years ago. And yet, my tears last night were fresh and completely surprising.

Venturing into the kitchen to grab a glass of milk, I grabbed my husband and smilingly started the 'Do you remember whens...?' What a precious time we had, remembering her and the absolute earth-shattering changes she wrought in our lives. No lie, she was the catalyst for huge transformation in our lives... God planted courage in our family with the love of that baby girl.

Do we still have that courage? Could we step out again in great faith? My husband is grappling with something, praying for clarity on a blurry image. What in the world could it be? It is the memory of her and the memory of God's providence for this family that leads me to say ... to any question from God, my answer is yes!

Comments

gracie :) said…
I anxiously await to see the unfolding of your journey! Those memories are precious...isn't God amazing how He uses these little people to completely change the course of big people's lives?!
Unknown said…
great post. greg and i never say that we are done adopting...for that very reason...God works in such unbelievable way. redemptive and fulfilling! praying for you & your husband.
Pam said…
What a wonderful post Laura! I love the imagery your words conjur up in my mind's eye. And "Yes!" is such a lovely word! Especially when said to the God of the Universe.

Popular Posts