There Will Be a Day!

Why, I ask, does our Sunday morning preparation for church turn into a minefield of arguments, hurt feelings and anger? Why, I ask, do I allow myself to be struck with bitterness when things don't go my way? Why, I ask, does a wonderful week conclude with a Sunday which reveals my immaturity?? Why, I ask, do these things happen right in the midst of a time I feel closer to God than ever?

Let's see.... could it be that I'm not 'there' yet and my Father is ever-so-gently reminding me that I cannot walk around like a spiritual genius when I'm really a dust-covered pilgrim? Could it be that my wonderful quiet time with God leads me to a false sense that I'll never struggle again? Could it be that my lifetime enemy, pride, has reared its ugly head, yet again? Yes, yes and yes.

My Verse for 2009 is this one from one of Paul's letter to the Corinthians... "And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.'" 2 Cor. 12:9 On December 29 this verse became mine for 2009. At that point, I had no idea why that verse for this year... but, here it is. And here I sit, thankful for that verse and thousands like it. I'm reminded that I will consistently feel 'weak' in my walk with God. Time and again I will come to this place of asking why and the answer will always be the very same.

As long as I walk this earth, there will not come a day when I will have 'arrived' with my perfect little life intact. We walk a very, very challenging path. Instead of fighting and stomping my feet, I must remember that it is much easier for me to admit my complete inability, ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance, get up, pick up my sack and walk on in the power of God.

Meanwhile, I can look forward with hope and expectation to THE DAY when the burdens of this place will disappear and I will see my Savior face-to-face. Personally, I cannot wait!


Comments

Mrs. Edwards said…
I saw your post just as we began our recess break--and boy, we needed it! First day of school after a two week break is a challenge! My three older kids are looking forward to the pain of this world being wiped away!

Thanks!
Holly (me.) said…
*sigh* I found myself with similar thoughts on too many occasions over the past weeks. My chronic weakness is somewhat tempered by chronic hope.

Popular Posts