If You Came to My House...

What a perfect way to fill in some of the 'gaps' about our family that I mentioned in this post. Thanks Julie, for inviting me to participate in this meme.. I'm adding a little twist to the answers, (I'm rebellious in that way) and writing it from the perspective of my kids. Actually, that would be my perspective of the perspective of my kids... follow that??

If you came to my house, you would see:
(by Little Mommy - almost 5 years old)


The pretty wreath my Grandmother made on the front door, our bikes everywhere, rabbits taking over our land, Mommy changing a diaper, my big brother making a LEGO animation movie, my little brothers running and screaming through our house, and me, I'd be supervising it all!

We'd probably feed you:
(by Prince Caspian - almost 2 years old)


Anything and everything. I like to eat, eat, eat and I'll invite you to join me because eating is fun and it happens all day, every day. Would you like some 'tips' (chips) or 'piat' (pizza)? How about 'pilt' (milk)?

And we'd offer you this to drink:
(by Little Boy Blue - 14 months)


I have this very nice thing going ... my Mommy still gives me a bottle. I know, I know, I should have stopped this by now; but, I've convinced these people that they still need to sit down and give me at least one bottle per day. Aren't I smart? And yet, if you visited my place, I'd gladly have these folks make you one of your very own.

We'd undoubtedly ask if you'd read:
(Budding Author, days away from 8 years old)


The Mouse and the Motorcycle, Alice in Wonderland, Prince Caspian, Old Mother West Wind.... oh, and what is the title of that book that the little boys love? I Love You This Much!

We'd want to play this music for you:
(Budding Author, days away from 8 years old)


As soon as you walk in the door, I'll be serenading you with my version of Fur Elise, Minuet in G and Ode to Joy. If you don't mind me getting all of my books out, I'll give just about any song a try. Requests? I love to play for an audience. Oh, and my sister will want to play something, too. She's memorized a few of my songs but please remind her that I'm the one taking lessons!

We'd want to tell you the latest about:
(Little Boy Blue, 14 months)

My upcoming adoption! I've lived here since I was 2 months old. In September, I'll become a forever part of this family. And I get to homeschool, too!

We's probably suggest a game of:
(Little Mommy, almost 5 years old)


Blokus, Professor Noggin, War, Go Fish or I could even show you my computer games? What do you want to play? I will tell you this, if only I had a baby sister, games would be so much more fun. I mention to Mommy and Daddy at least twice a week that I really, really, really neeeeed a baby sister. So far, they don't seem to be listening to me!

We might show off:
(Budding Author, days from being 8 years old)


LEGO creations, the paper solar system hanging from our playroom light, our barn swallow nest from which the 4 babies recently headed out and into the world, our 2 red-eared slider turtle babies, our 5 million baby snails, our chickens, goats, dogs and cat. Oh, and would you like to head down to the creek area to see our beehive? I have an extra pair of mud boots in just your size! Here, put them on!

If it was a long enough visit, we might watch:
(Prince Caspian, almost 2 years old)

My favorite is Baby Wordsworth which I get to watch with Mommy and baby brother. We learn names of things around the house and the 'sign' that goes with the word. You could sit down on the floor with me and I'd crawl right up in your lap and teach you how to sign 'bowl' ... sound fun?

What would a visit to your house be like?
(Mommy, just turned 40 years old)

Chaos, wrapped up in 8 little arms and running on 8 little feet!

___________________________

I pass this on to all the willing and able... and as Julie mentioned, this would be a great first post for a new blogger! Blessings to your family from mine!

Comments

Mrs. Edwards said…
Your Prince Caspian eating all day long reminds me of my two year old Tobias. Five minutes after we clear away a meal, he's rummaging in the cupboards for a snack!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Veritas at Home. It is a lot of fun to get to "know" other families through blogging.

Blessings,
Mrs. Edwards

Popular Posts