A Mommy Must Grow Up ...

Quote from "A Field Guide to Home Schooling" by Christine Field ...

"Children are not the only ones to strengthen their values and character through home education. Author J. Richard Fugate notes that two generations receive an education in home schooling -- both child and parents: "Parents become more mature by just surviving a few years of home schooling. Their pride is humbled by seeing how much they don't know. Their willfulness is controlled by self sacrifice. Their laziness is replaced with self-discipline and industry when required to hold down the equivalent of a second job ... I believe all homeschooling parents who apply themselves to the task 'as unto the Lord' will become increasingly more mature in the process."

This has been so true for me in the short time I've worn the 'homeschool Mommy' badge. As I told a dear friend just the other day, I'm not sure God could have taught me true patience/long-suffering in any other way.

Comments

Popular Posts