Story.



Story.

Good stories have an arc.   American Dream stories have a sympathetic, humble beginning.

The meat of the story includes struggle, obstacles, heroism, courage.

We like our stories to end happy.   We like to walk away feeling good about the ending.  The poor farmer boy becomes a world-traveling CEO.   The abused woman becomes the Director of a non-profit for trafficking.   The sinner enters the gates of heaven with celebration.

Some stories cannot be wrapped in a bow.

Yet, God still writes.

Abundant Life Institute has taught me that I can often only see a portion of the story arc.   A student leaves due to discipline issues at the school.   My editorial comments typically speak of the loss.   And yet, God still writes..   A student is raped and loses an incredible amount of ground in her spiritual life and academics.    My pen needs to be refilled.  And yet, God still writes.

Sometimes students leave and come back.   We have students who have left twice and come back twice.   It feels like the story of the prodigal son.

I do not control endings.   I do not control how long God writes or what He writes.

But, I absolutely love that He still writes.

________________

Word for today:  STORY.   My 8th day of writing and all sorts of things are filling my brain!  Thank you, @hopewriters, for reminding me of the beautiful stories around me.   #hopewriterlife


Comments

Popular Posts