Confessions of a Homeschooling Mommy

OK, here it goes... things that have changed drastically in the last 2 weeks:

  • We have eaten the same 3 or 4 recipes for dinner over and over again; (along with a healthy dose of take-out pizza & Sonic)
  • I have the '4:00 Panic' - a.k.a. What are we going to eat for dinner?? more often these days;
  • I haven't had a nap in 14 days!!! What is up with that?;
  • My friends are wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth ... don't worry, I'll see you in 18 years!;
  • My house will probably not be fully clean again for hmmm, at least 18 years!! Right now, I get an area picked up and one nanosecond later, it is disastrous. Oh well - I've always wanted a legitimate reason to be messy!

Sometimes I get the feeling that many other homeschooling Moms out there in the blogosphere have perfectly clean homes and their children are Little Einsteins. A friend and experienced homeschooling Mom shared a book with us entitled, Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe. It certainly reminded me that my children are unique, I am unique and comparisons are a sheer waste of time.

So, if you ever feel like we are this perfect homeschooling family - strike that thought immediately. We are fellow travelers who happen to venture off of the path often!

Comments

Kerri said…
I love your post!

Maybe you could give me your 3 or 4 recipes and I could give you my 3 or 4 recipes and we could increase dinner options to 6 or maybe even 8! :-)

So here's some confessions of my own. I have occasionally found, close to noon, that although my children have beds made, teeth brushed and are clothed, I am none of the above. I have discovered that in the winter a load of washed clothes has longer in the washing machine without turning sour. I have discovered that lunch can be just yogurt with something else, and that, in a child's mind, anything goes with yogurt. I've discovered that laundry is my worst enemy, and that attacking a 4 foot pile of clean clothes on my bed is best with either praise music or a good movie. And I've discovered that a clean house for the homeschooling family is really just a pie in the sky!

much love,
k

Popular Posts