Serve? Caveat...

My previous post on cross-cultural servant-hood applies primarily to those interested in long-term service, whether at home or abroad, rather than short-term missions, one-time feeding at a soup kitchen or street evangelism.   Obviously, if you participate in a week trip to a foreign locale, you will not have the opportunity to 'sustain' relationships over an extended period of time.  You will, however, have an opportunity to serve on a daily basis and often participate in evangelism efforts and lead people to Christ.  These trips are incredible mountain-top experiences; and yet, they are distinguishable from long-term relationships that can and should arise in cross-cultural settings.

Sorry if I confused anyone on that one :).   I'm so tired I just about fell into a box and packed myself...  that would be an easy way to get to Honduras!

Comments

Popular Posts